Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Traditional Wushu For Me.

I regard traditional wushu as a cultural art and that’s how I’m going to promote it. Besides that, I‘m practicing it as my way of fitness exercise regime be it in full-stance practice or soft practice. For each session of training, I will perform up to 15 routines plus another 3 more as “cool-down” practice. So, altogether would be 18 routines in total. I had listed down those 18 traditional routines in my previous posting and you can find it out there. By the end of each training session, I’ll be sweating all over. So, that’s how I maintain my body weight through the years.


Anyhow, I’m more relax nowaday during my practicing. I mean I’m slowing down a little my movements. I do not practice the way I’m practicing when was in my 20’s then. The reason for that is I had hurt the veins in my arm repeatedly whenever I’m pushing myself harder. It’s actually an old wound since my lante 20’s. I hurt my arm during work for having to lift heavy items like antique furnitures. I thought it was just a small matter then until the pain last for 3 weeks. Then only I realized that I had really hurt my arm. So I went to consult a traditional chinese medicine practitioner. He advised me not to push myself too hard during my martial art training or else I could expect the worst to come. So, I took his advise and started to slow down a little in my training. From then on, those pain in my arm had all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment