Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No, You Don’t Have To Do Full-Stance Practice All The Time

As you’re learning new routine, to practice it frequently is a must. Anyway not everyone would have that sufficient space for such a revision. I’m one of the example. My house is small and there are only about a 15ft passageway in my living room. But still I’m able to practice in a “soft” manner. What I mean here is I perform only the handworks. As I proceed and retreat, I will be in the standing/walking stance or posture. So, I’ll be using less space to complete the routine. Even though you may not perform it in a 100% manner as t may seems, but for sure this way of practicing will help much in perfecting your handworks. And, yet you must keep on practicing to get the desired result. Also you need to take note that, 80% of Seven Stars Mantis Boxing are comprising of handworks. If you are able to be good at handworks, then your mastery of the art are also 80% - imagine that!


Another point I want to discuss here is when you’re doing soft practicing, do not rush to finish the routine. It’s better to slow down a little and concerntrate on the quality of your handworks. With a little slowing down will surely do a great help in your effort to pay attention to each detail of your hand movements. Namely the usage of wrist, the sinking state of elbows, the relax stage of your shoulders and the manipulation of your fingers. So, this is benefit of soft practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment