Friday, February 12, 2010

Life Long Learning and Practicing



I'm sure you can see that this guy is no more in his 20's or 30's or 40's. For Traditional Wushu, you can start practicing at any age until you're old you may still find yourself being able to continue practicing. It benefits your health a lot. Traditional Wushu is truly meant for everybody who are interest to learn and practice it.
You can check in my older post with a title "northmantisx - video (qarqui quan)". The routine that I'm performing is our Malaccan version. If you were to compare the routine played in both of these 2 videos (I mean the one that I perform with the one above), for sure you can see the difference between them. They are actually the same traditional routines but being different versions. Malaccan version is more similar to the Penang ones because our mantis wushu lineage is from Penang. Anyway you can still find the varians between us. Eventhough I am a Malaccan mantis wushu practitioner, I used to make reference with the mantis boxing texts from Hong Kong. So, what I can summarize here is that each place has got its own version, and this does prove that traditional wushu do correspond with changing environment. Or to be exact, it would be the word "Localization"

No comments:

Post a Comment